Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Best coffee in Brisbane? Not on the Gold Coast.......

Well I'd love to be blogging about a new Brisbane location in my quest but unfortunately Mother Nature has decided to inundate our West End Community with water and we have been forced to evacuate. It was pleasant to see that many local businesses were still operating and providing much needed sustenance to the flood affected areas, but by the time I rolled out of West End this afternoon, most were closed, sand-bagged and bracing for the continued rises in the River. To all those throughout Queensland that are affected, Especially those at the end of Montague Rd, I wish you the best now and during our recovery.


I've found myself camped out on the Gold Coast, and as a result am working remotely from a Tedder Avenue Cafe. My usual haunt here would be Hard Coffee or Skinny Dippers, but it looks like we're a bit late in the day for them. I selected Milan on Main based on the fact it was open. Like most cafes on Tedder Avenue, the open air environment is pleasant, with a nice sea breeze flowing through. Service was efficient and friendly, but it's not exactly busy here right now.

My Segafredo-beaned flat white came promptly, and looked OK at best. First taste revealed a bitterness that lasted throughout. Body was lacking. It was drinkable, and not the worst I've had, but I can't recommend this particular cup.

Milan on Main
Shop 4, 14-16 Tedder Ave,
Main Beach,
Queensland

No comments:

Post a Comment