Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A little bit off the track.... Best Coffee in Runaway Bay?

OK, so we've been a bit off track lately due to the floods. It has been an interesting time as Brisbane recovers from the havoc, and we grieve for those that lost their lives. I've been without power in my West End apartment for over a week and have no firm date for power to be reinstated, but these are small issues compared to many others. Along with many others, we joined in the clean up and it was horrible to see what had been lost by many, but also great to see strangers banding together to help get back on track.
I'm sure this is the Best Coffee in Runaway Bay

Anyway, due to the lack of power, I'm camping at a friend's place on the Gold Coast. He took me to the Runaway Bay shopping centre for a Coffee. In the centre, opposite Woolies is the Runaway Bay Deli. The owner is a coffee fanatic and won't let anyone else near his machine. Like  at The West End Coffee House we are served Campos Coffee. Sorry about the pic, but I had already hooked into the delicious brew before I remembered to take one.

The Deli has some seating, but I think you're best to head outside and sit by the broadwater. The coffee had a rich full body taste, a nice acidity and the right amount of milkiness. Great to see good coffee being served in the suburbs, especially when the other offers are places like Baker's Delight or McDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment