Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Espresso Garage at South Brisbane. Have I found the best coffee in Brisbane?

I needed a mid morning caffeine boost so I popped over to Grey St in South Bank to grab a flat white from Espresso Garage. This little hole in the wall, blink and you'll miss it cafe is a little difficult to find but is tucked away in the thoroughfare between in Grey St and Little Stanley St.

It was raining and there was nobody waiting so the coffee came quickly. As I ordered I recognised the staff from the Montague St branch of the same name (opposite Davies Park) and realised that I have had coffee served by these guys before. The reason I came to Grey St Espresso Garage was it had been recommended to me the day before, but this was the first time I had made the mental link that it is the same people as on Montague Rd.

I'm sure on a nice sunny morning the atmosphere is very pleasant as you pull up a stool and mill around the cyclists who I'm sure grace this establishment, but I can't really comment due to the never ending rain. The menu is short, as it is entitled to be with a hole in the wall cafe.

Best Coffee in Brisbane....... Probably not

Anyway, sad to say I was a little disappointed today. The flat white was a bit weak and milky with a woody aftertaste. At the Montague St Branch I have had a better experience with the smaller size, but it is my policy for the purposes of finding the best coffee in Brisbane to simply ask for a flat white and see what comes out. This policy is now under review.

Espresso Cafe
176 Grey St
South Brisbane

1 comment:

  1. This post is very useful that gives information about coffee suppliers .Nice posting keep it up.

    ReplyDelete